Re: [TenTec] COmputer hook up to Omni VI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] COmputer hook up to Omni VI+
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 21:10:06 -0400
USB to serial converters are what is used now. They are available for $10 to $40. They take a serial port DB9 and converter it to connect to a USB port on the computer. Then windows even assigns a comport number to it so you can use it as a normal serial port. For a DB25, you need a DB9 to DB25 adapter on the end of the USB to serial converter.

The Omni VI also had a 1/8 inch CIV jack which is the Icom method of connection. This is because the Omni VI uses the Icom command protocol.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com