Re: [TenTec] The next flagship

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The next flagship
From: k4elo@fastmail.fm
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 16:01:39 -0500
Well Rick, I can't agree with you that the flagship market is too small.
By user serial number tally, Kenwood has now sold over 1400 TS-990s at
$8,000 each.
That does not count folks who have not reported their serial numbers to
the G3NRW Kenwood web pages, so it is probably higher than that.  And
still climbing - a friend of mine just bought one last week.
Assuming a dealer margin of about 35%, that gives Kenwood back over $7
million.
No doubt more than enough to cover development and manufacturing costs.

So, I believe the market is there.  I suspect that there are just as
many Ten-Tec fans as there are Kenwood fans.  I for one have owned 4
Ten-Tec rigs, 3 bought new from the factory including an Orion II.  I
currently own a TS-990 and would seriously consider a new TT flagship
rig.

73
Wayne
K4ELO