Re: [TenTec] Plug confusion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Plug confusion
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 14:33:25 -0500
Yes, but no key I have owned or recall seeing has a RCA plug!

There are ways around this of course.  Figuring out how to adjust and work
around these is not the problem.  Having to be put to the annoyance and
trouble is the problem.

When you want/need to go to another radio, non Tentec, you have the problem
to deal with again in reverse.  Or you can have two sets of everything, two
Benchers, two speakers.

The Tentec take 1/4' plugs for earphones and external speaker; the Icom
takes 1/8" plugs for both speaker and earphones.

Maybe someone can make up a little case to hold all the various adapters,
1/4" to 1/8', 1/8" to 1/4", mono, stereo, RCA, banana, like you have for
all your little Dremel accessories or something.  Your choice of black,
chrome, gold, in a genuine imitation leather case with your call sign
embossed on the outside, right below the TenTec logo.  What a great idea
for the XYL looking for a birthday present etc.!

At least all of them use SO-239s.

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen