Re: [TenTec] OT: Chinese Amplifiers

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Chinese Amplifiers
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 10:35:58 -0400
Yes... I was not saying any thing negative about TT's prices. They reflect the difference between buying from TT or from some stranger on the Internet - even without a 30 day warranty, TT tends to stand by its stuff, so you get that extra measure of assurance - and that is worth something.

You give good reasons to buy from TT HQ.   I got lucky with mine,
it was barely used maybe ten times or so, and was super 'minty' - but one would definitely be safer dealing with TT HQ than some bloke on the internet. It all depends on your threshold for economic pain and ability to absorb a loss.

I have been lucky... only one eBay purchase has gone poorly and that was from a guy only 20 miles from me! (I purchased a Jupiter from the estate of an SK, and it needed repair work right away. But that is exactly the sort of rusk to take and even considering the cost of repair, I still did OK by the time I sold it.)

Yes... especially in business...

GOOD EQUIPMENT COSTS GOOD MONEY...
...AND IT PAYS TO BUY GOOD EQUIPMENT.