Re: [TenTec] Trading Radio's

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Trading Radio's
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 10:12:30 -0500
Ha, having been a ham for 55+ years and finally reached the ripe age of maturity at 72, I find there is one new model that boasts 23 knobs and 135 buttons on the front panel and most of them have dual functions. Talk about knob turning and button pushing.

The one I "love" is the model that uses 3 letter acronyms for all the menus. It is always a "dive for the book time" to figure out what changes what. So is it the FEB I need to change or the EBF that needs adjustment. Op perhaps the BEF that needs tweaking. Dang! What happened to simple English?

Having had the Omni VI Plus, actually two different ones over the years, I'll take the Omni VII any day over the predecessor. It has a single level MENU and most everything is displayed on the front easy to read display.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Allen" <jim.allen@longhornband.net>