Re: [TenTec] Trading Radio's

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Trading Radio's
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 17:53:33 -0400
On 5/31/2014 10:36 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
Totally two different radios in  most all aspects.  I have both.  I
> would not trade one for the other.  In other words, the Eagle won't
> do what the Omni VII does nor will the Omni VII do what the Eagle
> does.

Bob,

When you were at Dayton, I believe you were the one that mentioned that your physical inspection of the Omni VII indicated a potential "pin 1" problem. This sort of agrees with my asking TT tech support if they thought that the Omni VII would cure my RF problem. Their answer was "move the antenna".

Any further observations / thoughts on this rig from an RFI aspect?

P.S.
Been out of town and also entertaining out of town guests at home, so been out of the loop for awhile. My pardons in advance if I have that "pin 1" post attributed to you in error.

73,
Carter   K8VT