Re: [TenTec] Trading Radio's

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Trading Radio's
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 19:20:47 -0500
My take, having both radios and then some, each radio has a specific form, fit and function. They aren't the same and shouldn't be expected to function the same. Some hams seem to have the need to change bands, modes, CW speed and frequencies every 10 to 15 seconds. If so one will find the Eagle is not that agile. For that type of activity the Omni VII is much better suited for the specific application.

In my case where I usually stick to one band, one mode and very close to one frequency in the mobile or camper, the Eagle is superior in application, function and performance. I also operate PSK-31 from the mobile and camper using USB control and the 712 USB Soundcard interface. It just doesn't get much simpler or better.

73
Bob K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "denton sprague" <denton@oregontrail.net>