Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Mac computer help

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle and Mac computer help
From: Eric Mynes <kc8wzb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 12:15:22 -0400
Dave,

It is a 100% Windows computer.  It's like running a full version of windows
in a window itself.  You still have the DVD drive, USB ports, network port,
etc. at your disposal.

73,
Eric
k8ohz
(a mac user that refuses to run windows in my parallels.  I make the boss
buy me a 2nd machine just for that 1 piece of windows software that I run)

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Dave Edwards <kd2e@comcast.net> wrote:

> Pepe.....Just curious...when you run windows on your Mac, with
> Parallels.....is it 100% like running a windows computer?
> ...Dave
>

> On 6/16/14, 11:08 AM, José Félix Ballester wrote:
>
>> The way I did it is installing a Windows OS (Windows 7) on my Mac with
>> Parallels Desktop because firmware updates for the Eagle aren’t native to
>> Mac’s OS.  Use a standard USB cable.
>>
>> 73 de Pepe WP3HW
>>
>> On Jun 16, 2014, at 10:43 AM, Jim GM <jim.gmforum@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> To connect a Mac computer to the Eagle I would need some sort of cable
>> connector cable from the Eagle with what type of connector? Then to a USB
>> connector to the Mac.  Is that right?
>>
>> So what software or driver is needed to ;run the Eagle with the Mac? Is is
>> native to the Mac?
>>
>> What software do I need to update the Eagle and is it native to the Mac?

A wise man once said nothing.  -- Anonymous

Don't dream it, be it.  -- Dr. Frank N. Futer