Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Help

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Help
From: Jim Goudie <jagoudie@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:00:05 -0400
Dave...

I recently had two Omni VIs apart... both with problems back in the area around
the PA.  A couple more thoughts for you...

The DC Input board that is tucked in back there...  I found several bad solder
joints on that board, plus a bad 1000 uf 25v cap and a sticky relay.  It's a
fairly simple board, once you get to it.  I'd recommend checking that out,
after doing testing to see if the problem is in the PA by removing the large
red wire that supplies power to it.

On the other rig, the driver transistors were bad, on the same board with the
finals.  Mine were open... but who knows.

Good luck and have fun!
Jim, AF3Z