Re: [TenTec] OT - Desk Microphone Switch Issue

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT - Desk Microphone Switch Issue
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 22:24:47 -0400
Hi Stuart - I appreciate your take on this.  And yet...     ;-)

A) The Caig web site is particularly clear using such solvents on such switches is contraindicated. It recommends against using solvents on switches that employ porous phenolic wafer insulators.

B) While I appreciate the risk of filing down the metal... I am confident my burnishing tool ...er... "barely scratched the surface." It is not like I used coarse sand paper or a harsh metal file. ;-)

I considered using a non-abrasive metal polish, but that would have been awkward and would likely get the insulating wafers wet, which was a paramount concern.

Happy days - OM.