Re: [TenTec] OT - Desk Microphone Switch Issue

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT - Desk Microphone Switch Issue
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 22:12:19 -0500
Chemically I believe you are correct in that De-Oxit contains both a cleaner, de-oxide agent and lubricant. I use Cramolin and there are two different parts or chemicals required.

As to burnishing contacts, only if they are pitted from switching and the burnishing tool correctly used will move the metal around to eliminate the high spots and fill in the low spots. I personally use a Jonnard Industries PB-3R tool when contacts need attention from other than natural oxidation.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>