Re: [TenTec] Mega Sale Pricing

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mega Sale Pricing
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 19:03:16 -0400
-

On 7/8/2014 1:35 PM, Paul Gentry wrote:
Disappointing.  The few hundred dollars difference might mean the
difference  between a sale and no-sale.  Why buy a tuner when you don't
want or need it?  Sort of like the car power windows / PS / PB / etc.
options that use to be.  The reduction of options is an unfortunate reality
in todays sales/marketing world.

Paul K4BWG

Holy cow... do some guys really expect them to lower the price even more by stripping them down ? ! ? !

To me, the price is so low now, the tuner is kinda tossed in for free, and I would not feel burdened by having to buy a dang tuner I don't need... But I suppose there are those who want even deeper discounts, and would prefer they offer totally bare bones kits, with a smorgasbord of options, so one everyone could avoid buying any feature or option they don't need. So, while they remove the tuner, maybe they can also remove the USB port and the ACCessory jack for operators who do not use them. There would be so much less waste if they just custom built each one to order.

Besides, if you don't want the whole package, I am sure they would keep the mic and stand and other goodies, and ship just the rig, if you asked them too... ;-)