Re: [TenTec] Mega Sale Pricing

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Mega Sale Pricing
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 21:56:02 -0400

On 7/8/2014 7:06 PM, Rodney wrote:
All the new hams want radios with tuners

OK - That explains TT's sale strategy. (Although, the fact TT includes the auto tuner and 300 Hz CW filter is, I think, brilliant.)

I like having an internal auto tuner, although I generally try to build antennas which don't need a tuner. While I have a TT 238C and other outboard tuners, I think of an internal auto tuner as "tuner insurance" - it is there, just in case.

Considering the size of the discount, I am trying like Heck to justify buying another radio. Even my wife supports the notion. I could add an Eagle with a Telepost LP-Pan for substantially less many alternatives. A Flex might cost me $2300 - but for around $1650 I could have equivalent functionality, PLUS I would have a complete radio that can operate fully on its own without a computer. How cool is that?!

Too bad the Argo VI does not have an easy panadapter output, as it could serve as a very affordable second receiver/panadapter option, and it would greatly enhance its utility if TT or someone else devised a simple, inexpensive way to make that happen.