Re: [TenTec] Urgent OMNI VII Question

To: bcarling@cfl.rr.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Urgent OMNI VII Question
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 14:13:42 -0400
Hi Bry -- sounds like the Master Reset has resolved the problem. Rather than view a Master Reset as a last resort, consider it a fix of first resort. These computer-based rigs sometimes get wonky and a Master Reset is and easy fix.

I have owned my Omni VII for several years and sometimes it acts odd, and a Master Reset has always corrected the problem. I have been helping an Australian ham with a headset microphone issue, and he said TenTec once told him to re-flash the firmware several times to assure a new version has taken hold (although I cannot imagine how this would be necessary.) He said doing that fixed the problem.

The only down side to performing a Master Reset is you must reset your MENU settings. Thus, whenever the rig gets wonky, I do a Master Reset and this clears it up. A slight inconvenience, but the single level MENU is easy to reset.

Happy days