[TenTec] Orion I no tx/rx

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion I no tx/rx
From: Mike LaRoche <barreherbalist@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:00:15 -0400
I signed up for this mailing list with the hope of never having to ask help
with a problem....alas this is not to be the case....
A couple weeks ago I turned on the Orion and it went through the normal
start-up and I first thought "wow the band is quiet" however the scope was
flat, no rx, keyed the mike, no tx. After a few frantic minutes checking
all connections and making sure I didn't change something on the radio
suddenly it started working FB. About a week later the same thing happened
but this time it didn't come around on it's own, a few minutes after
performing a master reset it started working again (WHEW!) A few day ago
the same thing happened only this time I'm not so lucky and so far hasn't
worked. A search of the archives found some info on power supply issues
with a similar condition but switching power supplies didn't help. I had
not operated the radio between the times the problems occurred. I'm hoping
one of the many gurus here has the answer!
Thanks in advance for any help
73
Mike ND1W