Re: [TenTec] Question on Sound Card interfacing

To: bcarling@cfl.rr.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question on Sound Card interfacing
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:52:52 -0400
Hi Bry -- do you have the TT 4-output, 7-pin DIN plug "octopus" cable that provides easy connection to the pins of the rear panel accessory jack? If not, a $10 bill and some postage will get you one. That makes connecting a Line In, Line Out, PTT and other connections easy. Check the user manual for the pin out assignments, but the cable that comes from TT will have colors and be easy to mark after you find the chart in the user guide. I cheated and put tape labels on them so I don't get all corn-fused when not looking in the manual.

This should point the way.

TT makes a buffer or isolation cable, but you should not need that to connect to a well behaved sound card - match an RCA phono plug on one (rig) end and a 3.5 mm TR or TRS jack on the other (sound card) end.

I think this is what you are asking.