Re: [TenTec] Question on Sound Card interfacing

To: <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Question on Sound Card interfacing
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:56:14 -0500
I have the Tentec USB Soundcard and the SignaLink USB sound card. Both interface quite well with the Omni VII, the Eagle and the Argonaut VI as all have the 5 pin DIN connector. The SignaLink was ordered with the cable for the Tentec radios.

As with any sound card, caution must be exercised to prevent RF from getting into the audio. Pay attention to routing of cables with RF and those with DC power and those carrying audio. Space wins when keeping RF cables away from audio cables and data cables.

As to the interface with the RCA plugs, use the dongle supplied via Tentec. It has the 5 pin DIN on one end and 4 x female RCA connectors on the other. Personally I would prefer to eliminate as many connectors and cabling as possible for the reason stated above.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: <bcarling@cfl.rr.com>