Re: [TenTec] Rigs at WRTC

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rigs at WRTC
From: K8JHR <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 02:52:57 -0400
This is very important.

I asked ARRL Lab Tech Bob Allison about it, and he said the two radios were in the same class noise wise. He said "at 100 kHz from the carrier, both have nearly the same composite noise. This not an issue."

Sometimes you guys talk about "phase noise" and other times "broadband noise" as if they are the same thing. Are they? Am I on the wrong page? I thought you said the ARRL has data, but other times no.

Mr. Allison's whole message follows, so no one will say I am taking anything out of contest. I was encouraged to press on because he seemed to support my position.

Where is the disconnect ?   I am sorry if I don't see it.
I thought I was looking in the right places.