Re: [TenTec] A real post and question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A real post and question
From: John King via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:13:06 -0700
BRAVO!!!! JOHN, I have deleted more emails on this reflector than all the ten
other ham radio lists together that I belong to during the last few weeks. I
own four complete Ten Tec stations without Ten Tec Amps and have been a
dedicated Ten Tec friend and user since 1977.

It becomes more evident DAILY that Al Kahn is dead, that Jack Burchfield  is no
longer  hands on, that Garland Jenkins, Larry Worth and many more guys
dedicated to Ten Tec and its' loyal Ham supporters are not on the staff.  Under
the present circumstances, if Ten Tec was selling stock for 2 cents a share I
wouldn't buy a dimes worth because I wouldn't want to lose my dime.  My brother
recently bought an Eagle on my recommendation and I feel that I will live to
regret it.  He bought it fully loaded, all filters, automatic antenna tuner
etc. and then Ten Tec, under the guidance of their "newbies"  broke it off in
him several weeks thereafter. I don't think there will be any additional new
Ten Tecs in this family.

Ten Tec's machine shop, cabinet products and other sidelines have kept Ten Tec
afloat  for more than 40 years and now in their infinite wisdom they are going
to do  away  with their safety net and it will not be there to  keep them
going.  Al Kahn and Jack Burchfield knew they were competing against Kenwood,
Icom and Yaseu who had world wide markets with distributors and dealers all
over  the world. Ten Tec couldn't even keep  dealers in the USA. WE dedicated
USA hams were loyal repeat buyers and kept  the company going. Now the old
building is insufficient and Ten Tec is cutting its' life support system.

If I have said anything that is untrue, I need to know because Ten Tec has
always been my favorite equipment.  73, John, K5PGW