Re: [TenTec] A real post and question

To: Paul Gates <paulgates80@yahoo.com>, John King <k5pgw@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A real post and question
From: george fritkin via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:27:11 -0700
I believe the Mega-Sale will bring in new customers to  Ten-Tec.  Mike Seedman
the new owner is a sharp businessman.  I have dealt with Mike outside of ham
radio.  Sure, this could be a fire sale to liquidate inventory, cash out and
close the doors.  But  the bucks are so small, I think no rational businessman
would do it.  This is a great test of price points!!  As far as support of old
radios, well there comes a time when you have to say no.  Manufacturers stop
making key components, then where are you.  Ten Tec may have used components
that were sole source, not a good idea, but it may have happened.  When that
source is gone you are out of luck.

This, I am afraid, is a very complex and non-transparent situation.  If you are
worried that is a fire sale, anyone might consider not buying Ten Tec.  I, for
one, am looking forward to a stronger company and I am buying these "bargains".

George, W6GF

On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:41 PM, Paul Gates via TenTec