[TenTec] WIN-TEST OmniRig Eagle - BAND MAP PROBLEM

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WIN-TEST OmniRig Eagle - BAND MAP PROBLEM
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:53:10 +0200
Wow John!  You're faster than a speeding bullet!

The second problem is a bit more complicated.  It is when working within the
Band Map.
I don't think you have tried the Band Map yet.  It gets a little more
complicated now.

In order to see this problems, you have to have real time feeds coming into
the computer via a Telnet connection.
These are CW SKIMMER spots that populate the Band Map.
Once you have initiated the Telnet connection and opened the Band Map, it
takes a little time (few minutes) but spots will begin to populate the band
map.

How it "should" work:  If you double click on a call sign, the radio should
jump to that frequency and be ready to transmit.

How it "currently" works:  It jumps to the correct frequency, then defaults
to a single sideband mode (I don't recall if it was USB or LSB, but it
always reverts to that mode, as if it were a default).

The recovery of course is to punch the Mode button a couple of times to get
back into the mode you were working in.
THIS IS THE PROBLEM!  It should not be changing modes when it jumps to a new
spot frequency.

Earlier I posted links to "BandMaster".
I have a hunch the BandMaster program will have the same problem.
If so, it will be easier to test it there because BandMaster will work with
or without Telnet [real-time] spots.
If no Telnet is used, it updates through the Internet every 5 minutes or so.
That makes no difference for the purpose of testing.

I want to install BandMaster today and test this and make sure my hunch is
correct.
I have never used BandMaster because it was in my logging program.

FOR ANYONE MONITORING THIS AND NOT KNOWING WHAT ALL OF THIS IS ABOUT:

Please click on the following link and look at the sample bandmap window
directly to the right of the title line "Band Maps Context ment".
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Band_Maps_Context_menu

This window shows the band you are on as a vertical scale.
It lists the stations on the band that are calling CQ.
If the call sign is in italics and grayed out, you have already worked the
station.
If it is in black, it is a new contact, but not a multiplier.
If it is in some other color than black, it is a multiplier.
Which color will vary from one contest to another and one multiplier type to
another.

HOW TO LAUNCH BAND MAP FROM WITHIN WIN-TEST:
A description is found here:
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Radio_1.2C_Radio_2_.28Band_Maps.2
9
(you may have to patch the link in order to see the page; our reflector
likes to break long links).

Or like this:
There are tiny "Radio Buttons" for Radio 1 and Radio 2 near the top of the
screen on the right.
They simply have a "1" and a "2" in them.  Click on "1" to open the Band Map
for Radio 1.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)