Re: [TenTec] Why is Eagle #2 on order?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Why is Eagle #2 on order?
From: Carter <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 09:43:35 -0400
On 8/1/2014 8:17 PM, Mike Stricker via TenTec wrote:
Years ago I had someone send via UPS a package to me.  A few days after it was
due, I began inquiring.  UPS said it was delivered and the sender provided me
with a tracking number.  Since I was supposed to send money out after delivery,
I was looking like the bad guy.  After a week of going back and forth with UPS
and the sender, I was at my wits end.  Upon doing some yard work, I noticed a
pacakge at my back/side entrance, which I never used.  It was the UPS package.

I contacted UPS and notified them that it was delivered but not at the front
door.  The UPS delivery person said that he decided to leave it at THAT door
because he had a delivery next door to me and it was easier/faster to drop it
off there.

Reminds me of an experience that I had with FedEx...

I sold something at the e-place that was more than $500, thus according to FedEx's own rules, requiring the recipient's signature upon receipt of the package.

Well, the delivery went fine, nothing missing or stolen, but I went to the FedEx site to see who signed for it. The signature was "Sid Edoor". After a few seconds, it dawned on me that "Sid" was really "side door" as signed by the driver.

"Recipient signature? We don't need no steenkin' signature".