Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hercules 444 amp
From: Paul Gentry <phgentry@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 07:39:08 -0400
If you have plenty of time and like to build, you can put an amp together
from sources such as Communications Concepts (CCI
<http://www.communication-concepts.com/index.php/amplifiers.html>).  The
basic amp is easy, it's the filters, switching, and controls we want these
days (auto band switching, etc.) that cost the $$$.  I have looked at this
but after all the labor, parts, etc. the price of a new or used
commercially manufactured amp (like the Elecraft, MFJ, etc) look pretty
good.

SGC is not currently producing it's 500W cube amp because of discontinued
parts.  Just like the Orion II, you can't produce a product indefinitely
because of parts sourcing limitations.

Paul
*Paul Gentry*
K4BWG