Re: [TenTec] Zepp?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zepp?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 20:13:20 -0500
My take is to bring the balanced line all the way inside to the tuner. There is certainly no harm in that. At the tuner output use a 1:1 current balun between the tuner and the balanced line. A short piece of RG-213 between the tuner and the balun. And then a common mode choke on the input of the tuner between the tuner and the amp/transceiver output. The fact the tuner locks up is an indicator of circulating currents. The common mode choke should help in this regard.

Another thought is to add 10 ft or so to the balanced line or maybe shorten the balanced line 10 ft or so. The ~ 100 ft of line is acting like some odd wavelength matching line for some bands.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richards" <jrichards@k8jhr.com>