Re: [TenTec] Zepp

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zepp
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:43:31 -1000
Any center fed straight wire is a dipole, regardless of how it's length compares the the wavelength you are using it on. If I build a dipole to be a half wavelength on 7 MHz, and then use it on 10.1 MHz it is still a dipole, just not a half wave dipole.
I find it interesting to examine the dipole antenna. By definition it is a wire length being equal to 1/2 the wavelength of the frequency. The name comes from two terms "DI" meaning two and "POLE" meaning electrical terminal having two distinct regions of electrical polarity.