[TenTec] Production Updates?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Production Updates?
From: Andy Flessner <k9arm1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:25:04 -0400
Looking forward to getting the Eagle, worked a JA3 on 15 SSB from the
mobile in Grand Rapids last night.....Andy K9ARM

John Henry posted on the Eagle Yahoo Group:

We are testing the first batch now, if all goes right, some Eagles might
sprout their wings and leave the nest this week. Eagles are in the pipeline
first, because of the HUGE qty ordered. It also tests out the new factory
methodology and pipeline. Once rolling fine, large quantities will leave
every day. Maybe 1-2 weeks from now. (right during the middle of the move,
we are our own Murphy at times, hi hi). It is different having parts
continually coming in and continually rolling products off the line like a
volume manufacturer does vs doing it the traditional TEN-TEC method of
gearing up for a product specific run.
Once we see Eagles working properly in production for a "period of time",
we will shift in the OMNI-VIIs and the Argonaut VIs. Again, don't quote
times, except for a very hopeful 599 run end of week.
It is also quite interesting to get past the vendors that have lead times
for key components of 12-18 weeks.
In reality, that was the MAIN reason that the huge volume had such a delay.
We had enough components of everything in stock for what we thought the
sale was going to need, but, well, interesting lesson learned, there is a
HUGE demand for the products, MUCH more than we had ever anticipated.
Now, to ship 'em.

Thanks, and 73,
John Henry, KI4JPL,
TEN-TEC Engineering, A division of RF Concepts, LLC