Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 07:24:21 -0500
The Eagle turn-a-round time, TX to RX is 20ms. Same as for most other radios.

The ARRL QST review is incorrect, however the RSGB review is correct.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Schatzberg" <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net> To: <k9yc@arrl.net>; "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 2:33 PM

So if the ARRL lab test is correct, and the RF delay is 17 ms on the Eagle, then time to settle receiving again is 70-17=53 ms.

The TS 590S total turn around is only 20 ms.

If you want to break into the transmission, you would have a harder time to do so with the Eagle transmitting. Normally you could tap one dit or two to break back in.

What do the keyboard folks do to break a transmission? Hit the letter E? More than once?

73,

Mike
W2AJI

Sent from my iPhone