Re: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 06:29:02 +0200
OK, I found some help on this.

Wiki:

"Herbert G. Johnson, W6QKI founded Swan Engineering. Johnson built the first
ten largely vacuum tube type design single sideband (SSB) transceivers in a
garage in Benson, Arizona in 1960-1961. [snip] . . . Swan merged with Cubic
Corporation in 1967, and Johnson managed Swan as its subsidiary until 1973.
Johnson founded Atlas Radio in 1974."

So apparently the SS-100 and SS-200 must have been released in 1973 because
Herb left the company then, and he had designed both of these.

Now can somebody find first shipment date of the Triton?

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)