Re: [TenTec] Centurion is on the Fritz

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion is on the Fritz
From: Mike Schatzberg <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:29:39 -0400
Start by making sure the bias is switching from cutoff. It doesn't sound like
it is.

If the switch is a relay you may hear it close. If it closes and you have no
idling current then perhaps you have lost the bias supply. Most likely this is
a switching issue since you are using zero bias tubes. With no running bias the
tubes will just show higher idle current and be drivable.

If you have EBC, then the switching doesn't require a relay. Not as easy to see
how the bias is switching without the cover off.

Check the QSK board schematic and see how the bias is switched and how it is
produced.

Mike
W2AJI

Sent from my iPhone