Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI illness

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI illness
From: Robert <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 08:34:20 -0500
Yes the vacuum desoldering system is great.

The board does not plug in.  Only cables.  The board is held in place by 4
screws.

The relay coils are parallel on the board. Applying 12V to one does apply 12v
to both. Other than physically removing one relay I see no way to check just
one and not energize the other one.  Of course one could cut the PC trace
between the 2 but then you'll have board repair to do.  NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Just get 2 relays, remove and replace 2.  That's the smartest thing to do.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone