Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 06:07:48 -0400
Right.

Older hams often decry the death of Heathkit, et. al., and say younger hams no longer build kits and stuff... but I say the spirit and activity of building stuff (witness the maker movement) is alive and well, only the building blocks have changed from through hole components to PICs and entire boards of components - new building blocks, same old innovation which has been the hallmark of ham radio from the beginning.

One of my favorite hams (N1KPR) says,  "It's all good."