Re: [TenTec] Pan-Adaptor vs. Using BandMap with Ten-Tec Transceivers

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pan-Adaptor vs. Using BandMap with Ten-Tec Transceivers
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 16:55:34 +0100
Well Jim, you took this a bit off of the subject of the request.
I'm only asking what it can do for me to improve my score in a hf
DX-contest.

I'm trying to see if it is worth spending $1000 which I estimated it would
cost me to implement this.
So far nobody has come even close to presenting me with a feature that would
make it worth that to me.

As a comparison, once I deployed the BandMap, which was totally free and
fully integrated into my contest logging software, within 2 years my CQWW
score doubled over what my typical score in the past was.  IMO it was the
single most useful thing since PR DX Cluster was introduced.

Since I can't manage to stay awake long enough in the contest, there are
always plenty of stations for me to work.
So I don't spend much time on dead bands.  Actually zero.  There is always
another band open where I can maintain a higher run rate.  But I will add
the dead band feature to the list of things it can do.  It is a valid
feature.

Thanks

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)