Re: [TenTec] OT Computer Assistance

To: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT Computer Assistance
From: george fritkin via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:26:20 +0000 (UTC)
Guys, I am going to ruin  my delete key, killing this off topic crap on this
reflector.  Ten Tec!!!!
George, W6GF

     On Saturday, November 22, 2014 8:59 AM, Clayton Brantley via TenTec
<tentec@contesting.com> wrote:

 The best thing for older "XP" computers is to download the Unbuntu Linux and
install it on those computers. Then you can loadCQRlog that runs circles around
anything that runs on Windo$$.  The Libre office suite does anything that you
have on the $$$systems.  No problems with serial ports, USB ports either.

Now for the best news, ALL THESE ARE FREE!  They may ask for a donation, but
nothing like the $$$ that the "other"  outfit wants.
I have dumped windows here on three computers and have not looked back.  There
is a learning curve but there are expertsthat are willing to help you out.

73 Clayton N4EV