Re: [TenTec] Noisy Eagle update

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noisy Eagle update
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:26:15 -0600
One problem I have seen that leads to either RF feedback or noise is a bad coax jumper cable, if you have a coaxial pass-thru a wall and have to use a jumper to your rig.

The most unusual noise problem of late I had, was finding that older Japanese UHF female connectors are not compatible with modern PL 259 plugs in that the plug may have four teeth to engage the SO 239, but the import SO 239 only had two notches and not of the same width as 259 teeth. This was on an old Dentron Super Tuner. Paradoxically, one of the SO 239's was four notches like it had been changed out. Why was the other one not done as well? (Little things hard to spot on used equipment at ham swaps.)

-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH