Re: [TenTec] Orion II Questions

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Questions
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 19:46:24 -0500
Congrats Dave. You'll love the Orion II. I don't remember anything like what you are describing when I had mine.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 12/18/2014 6:08 PM, David and Dianne on Comcast wrote:
Hi All,

I recently acquired an Orion II and am getting used to it more each day.
I have two questions for any Orion users in the group.

#1- I am using the factory default settings for the AGC fast, medium and
slow values. Can anyone suggest any values that they use which may seem
better? Is there a tutorial on-line or a repository of AGC values
maintained anywhere for reference? I have not ventured into the
programmable AGC world yet with the Orion II

#2- In adjusting some… but not all menu values with the multi-knob
encoder, I find that it sometimes generates a bit of “flutter” in
between some value settings and seems a bit imprecise. Is this normal or
should I investigate replacing the multi-knob encoder at some point?
This Orion II is quite new dating to spring 2013 manufacture and was
back to TT in November of this year for a check out by them with nothing
noted by them in this regard. It’s not a biggie but I am curious if
others have noticed this phenomenon.

I came to the Orion II from the K3, which I still own and which I have
held as the benchmark for HF RX performance since 2008. But this
receiver is quite spectacular, very special and far more pleasing to my
ears. Who knew!?! Just a joy to use. Digital RX that sounds like
old-time analog RX. Well done TT!

Thanks for any input that can be given on my two questions above.

73 de N1LQ-Dave