Re: [TenTec] 9MHz tap. Still would like to know where plus some comment

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 9MHz tap. Still would like to know where plus some comment on what to worry about with pan...
From: Jose F Ballester <jfballester@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 20:47:59 -0400
All,

I purchased an Eagle about two+ years ago.   (BTW a great receiver!)  BUT--
Included were 2 “RCA” type female connectors and pre drilled holes for their
installation.   Also included were two 24” cables  terminated with TMP male
plugs but not connected to the radio.

The documentation included did not match my radio and and the included addendum
in the manual mentioned that these parts were included implying that they were
indeed connected and what AUX 2 was for but as already stated the cables were
not connected to anything.   I soldered the cables to the RCA female connectors
and picked up the documentation included separately but found that it did not
correspond to my radio so I left the cables with the two TMP plugs inside.

Recently I revisited the issue and saw two unused female TMP sockets on two
different boards (didn’t make note on which boards they were on - would have to
reopen the case again to identify them.    I connected one plug to one and the
other to the other available connector.  How can I find out if I did it right
or something terribly wrong??

Would eventually like to add a pan-adapter with a band display but will need
y’all's assistance to accomplish it.

Thanks for your help.

73 de Pepe, WP3HW

On Dec 29, 2014, at 6:06 PM, Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Subject: [TenTec] 9MHz tap. Still would like to know where
>
> Does anyone have up to date schematic showing tap.?
>

> I put an inquiry into Ten-Tec to get the latest schematics available
> online.  I got a reply, and they are checking on it.
>
> -Eric
> W9WLW
>
> Sent from an iPhone
>
> Eric-
Thanks! I'd have dug in for a look by now if not recovering from rotator
cuff repairs.
73, Bob AH7I/W4