Re: [TenTec] Pepe's Question on Eagle Pan-Adapter connections

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pepe's Question on Eagle Pan-Adapter connections
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 01:06:18 -0500
The TT Omni VII has just such a crude, but useful band scope... ;-)

OR... run N4PY software and get one that works really swell, plus the N4PY program is good at brokering rig frequency, band, mode, etc., data to other programs and to shack accessories like auto tuners.

I have played with several SDRs and panadapter rigs/programs, and oddly enough... the N4PY band scope is extremely simple, clear, and you can easily and quickly tune to a station "blip" using it. I rather prefer using his band scope to most of the SDR and panadapter screen programs. My only wish is for Carl to allow us to resize that window, in the same way as we can re-size the main radio control window - It can maintain the same resolution, but it would be really slick we could make it bigger on the computer screen. Hey Carl ... It's a new year... maybe this year...? Uh... maybe...? ;-)

Anyway, the point is you can get a fairly good band scope for your existing rig this way, and other useful functionality as well.