[TenTec] Corsair 2 not stable on receive, 20 meters

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair 2 not stable on receive, 20 meters
From: Bob Towers <mm0rkt@gmx.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 20:45:45 +0000
Dwight

When I had my Corsair 2, I had a warble on a number of the HF bands. I could clearly see it on PSK31 signals on the waterfall of MixW. I rebuilt the PTO a number of times but it didn't cure the problem.

Eventually it was traced to a dirty preset pot which set an offset voltage on those bands. I can't remember the component reference, but - if I remember right - it was the only one on the board and sat up at right angles to the board. A squirt of switch cleaner did the trick.

For you, this may be the cause of your problem. Anyway, if you can find the offset pot, give it a squirt of switch cleaner and see what happens!

73

Bob Towers MM0RKT