Re: [TenTec] OMNI 5 GOES DEAD ON 40

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI 5 GOES DEAD ON 40
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 13:01:55 -0500
The Omni VI uses a common lithium button cell in a holder. East to change.
Stores the time and band stack register information.

The Paragon II stores the same info in the Dallas Ram Chip.  I am guessing
that the Omni 5 is similar to the Paragon II?  The early Paragon used a
nine volt battery, and it was recommended to keep the rig supplied with 12
VDC power to conserve battery backup life.

I could be wrong on a few points, but I am sure someone will correct me if
that is so.

Pete

QUOTE:
What Omni V functionality is lost when that internal RAM chip battery goes
dead?

How is that functionality implemented in the Omni VI?

73 Chas W3KC