Re: [TenTec] Centurion + FT-1000MP

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>, <k8vt@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion + FT-1000MP
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:14:18 -0600
The FT-1000MP and a QSK amp with "key-in" and key-out" will run QSK great,
no problem. I've never had a Ten-Tec Centurion amp, but I can not imagine it
does not have "key-in" key-out". You can also buy a QSK keying loop
interface for the FT-1000MP from Alpha. Last time I checked it was about
$70.

The interface is a little involved, but nothing you can't build yourself.

http://www.qsl.net/n1eu/Yaesu/MPAcom.htm

The fun part is getting the 10kOhm resistor between pins 1 and 8 inside the
male DIN-8 (8 pins) connector (mating to FT1000MP BAND DATA connector).

Of course this also works fine for SSB using a foot switch for PTT.

Good luck.

73,
Marsh, KA5M