Re: [TenTec] Hot Dang - Rick is a Best Link of the Week on DX-zone.com

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hot Dang - Rick is a Best Link of the Week on DX-zone.com
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 13:36:55 +0100
ABSOLUTELY, Jim!

Great models.  I've seen it before.  Anyone who hasn't, this is well worth
the read.

In fact at my home QTH in Munich, I mounted the entire vertical in the yard,
in the clear, on a 10' mast.  It worked so well that my tower and beam
stayed in the garage for 4 years... then I finally sold them.  Sure I missed
the beam, but the XYL was happy not to have that ugly thing in the yard!

I had no problem working trans-Atlantic on all bands INCLUDING 80m, running
just 100w into this antenna.

For portable though, I just pounded a wooden stake into the ground, strapped
my 40 ft. Spiderbeam telescoping fiberglass pole to the stake, and was on
the air on all bands in about 15 minutes.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)