[TenTec] Omni VI Clicks

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Clicks
From: Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 12:56:10 -0500
I don't have an Omni VI. I have an ill Eagle that's still under warranty.

Looked at the manual and read that the keying waveform is adjustable via
R24 on the control board. Also that the T/R keying is at such a Voltage
level that it is not affected by the shape.

Clicks will occur if the T/R isn't switching at the low level described.
Clicks will occur if the shape is set for fast attack/decay. Clicks will
occur for other reasons.

Recommend hooking up a dummy load and using an O'scope to look at the
output wave form with 1 megOhm probe. Check on 160 or 80 so little worry of
pushing scope limits or cable lengths.  If indeed clicking,  I would look
at the keying end first, starting at the key. If all looks good then follow
it through to the dummy load.

73, Bob ah7i/w