[TenTec] Titan 425 Amp

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan 425 Amp
From: Fred Lemley <flemley@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 13:54:52 -0800
Hello all,

I just recently bought a Titan 425 (used of course) and am trying to determine
when the amp was manufactured using the serial number.  My search of the web
must not have the proper search parameters as I can't find any reference to
serial numbers for the amp.  I believe it to be an export model as it has the
LO/HI voltage switch on the front.

I would also like to find a manual for the export model (digital or scanned) if
there are any to be had.  I've heard that there may be damage to the amp if I
run it on 12 & 17 meters without some sort of modification.  I have try loading
those bands into a dummy load and the amp seems quite responsive.  Any
information about 12 & 17 meter modification and/or sources for the manual
would be appreciated.

73
Fred
K5QBX