Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Amp

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Amp
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 14:25:26 -0800
On Thu,3/5/2015 1:54 PM, Fred Lemley wrote:
Any information about 12 & 17 meter modification and/or sources for the manual
would be appreciated.

There's no need for any mods in the three 425s I own. All three work fine on 17 and 12. I tune 17M in the 20M position of the bandswitch, and 12M in the 15M position. To find the "right" tuning, start with the left hand knob between 2 and 3, and the right hand knob around 0. I tune with dits -- start out with 15-20W of drive to get close, then increase the drive and retune until you hit the desired power out.

Remember that for a triode, we always tune for max output, AND we retune when we hit the max power at which we want to operate.

Two of my 425s work on 30M, the other, the oldest one, I think, does not. And yes, I run 200W on 30M. :)

73, Jim K9YC