[TenTec] (no subject)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] (no subject)
From: Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:53:05 -0400
Peg-

You wrote:  "The Ten-Tec website carries a USB - Serial Converter Cable but
says it doesn't work with the Eagle, which we also have in the shack. Out
of curiosity, is this because the Eagle has a USB type B port rather than a
type A? Would an A to B adapter work? I am trying to think ahead here."

The program running on the Eagle CPU is not set up to use an USB to serial
adapter.
This means that you can't use the adapter cable between the Eagle and the
RS232(serial) port on a laptop/desktop.

The Eagle is listed as being supported by the newer NJP software. So, all
you need for the Eagle is a USB cable to a computer that has a USB port and
runs the NJP software. No adapter needed for the Eagle.

For the Orion with the RS232/serial interface for keying...I suspect
something like http://www.adafruit.com/product/284 would work but would
check on the NJP software forum(yahoo) before buying one. I have used this
interface with an arduino board and it is a "real" FTDI chip.

73, Bob ah7i