Re: [TenTec] Tentec 302 Remote tuning knob/encoder for Omni 5, 6 and 6+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tentec 302 Remote tuning knob/encoder for Omni 5, 6 and 6+
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 10:42:44 +0000
Hi Harri,

I wired up my 302 remote to the DB25 on the Omni 6+ and it is not tuning.
Can you confirm that the pin 1, 6, 2, and 8 connections that you gave me
for the DIN plug from the 302 are numbered the same as this diagram?

[image: Image result for 8-pin din connector]

When I connect an oscilloscope to the 4 connections, I see +5V and ground
but I don't see any encoder pulses on the other two pins

Is there a schematic anywhere for the 302?

Thanks & 73,
Barry N1EU