Re: [TenTec] 540/Triton Transmit Audio Distortion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 540/Triton Transmit Audio Distortion
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 06:25:06 -0500
*Have you tried making a serious RF Gain reduction to the receiver you are
monitoring with? What about On the Air Reports? I had a similar problem
many years back. My receiver being used to monitor with, was so severely
overloaded that we thought there was a problem ... when none existed. After
telling some friends on the radio about this problem, My neighbor 3 blocks
away found me and had a listen ( We have been known to hold a QSO by both
being on our Dummy Loads. ) He called me on 2 meters to let me know that
everything sounded Fine Business in his shack. Well .... just a thought.
It's hard to stop all the RF from getting out of an old Heathkit Cantenna I
guess. I was listening through my Coax Switch into the Dummy Load. The test
receiver was just badly overloaded. *
*                                                       73 from Wade/KJ4WS*