Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters
From: Connie Dodson <gcjd1947@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 21:23:36 -0600
I have operated portable, for years. In many ways, portable operation is simple.

Now, I am establishing a QTH, I looked at quality baluns, both 9:1 and
common mode. I have also looked at the Alpha Delta surge and an
outdoor "bus bar" for the surge protector.

I have military mast sections. I am considering, maybe, I need the
fiberglass military mast sections, or, a Jacktight pole.

I will only have a 40 - 30 - 20 - 10 meter end-fed outdoors.

I am thinking 17 - 15 fan-dipole in the attic.

I will not run more than 50 watts, with the TenTec Scout 555.

My TenTec Argonaut VI is not a beta. It is one of the first to get the
700 Hz filter.

It sounds like the beta had a defective board.

I have one more question: how extensive is the antenna you have?

I have never had a static problem, however, I only operated portable
in the past.

I always disconnect and entirely remove the feed line.