Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters
From: Reed <w4jz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 23:22:19 -0500
The antenna I have Connie was made by Antennas West, which Antennas More bought out years ago, called a Windom TNT 135 foot off center feed. I paid $89 including 97 feet of RG-8X coax with isolation choke in 1998. I couldn't buy the parts and build it myself for that price. Still works great without a tuner except on 15 & 30 meters which the SWR is 2.5:1. I have a beam that I use for 10/15/20 and use the TNT for 80/40/30/17/12 meters. Does a good job for a multi-band antenna, but dipole cut for the frequency is better. I just don't have the room so that is why I use the TNT.

I have a Jackite 30 foot that I use a LnR Precision end feed antenna for 10/20/40 with the Elecraft KX3. Works very well for operation in the parks. On vacation I use a AlexLoop which is very portable & does a good job also in reducing the man made noise you find in condos. Only run PSK from condo. Best mode for low power.

73,
Reed  W4JZ