Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 14:58:55 -0500
*That was a good bit of advise on the Low Pass Filter Board Joe. Mine was
the small Pin Diodes that drive the relays. Mine had a really high SWR and
pulled WAY TOO MANY AMPS on transmit. If the rig is on a known good Dummy
Load with a known good Jumper, and the SWR Meter in the rig shows the SWR
to be High. You can pretty much be guaranteed that the Low Pass Filter
Board has problems. I just wanted to add that the small Pin Diodes on each
set of Band Relays, sometimes Short and cause problems also. If one
particular relay is staying closed, when it should be open? Well, you get
the idea. Check those tiny little diodes ......... Hope we have been of
some help. *
*                                    73 from Wade/KJ4WS*